One feature that we love about our G4 Elite and the LS Series hard folding tonneau covers is that they both allow you 100% access to your truck bed with the ability to open the cover on both ends. Our unique 4 panel design also allows 75% of the bed to be utilized to haul items, unlike other 3 panel covers that only allow about 66%, without ever having to remove the tonneau cover! If for some reason you did need 100% of your bed to haul extra-large items, you can very easily to remove a Fold-a-Cover product. It only takes about 3 minutes.
1. Open the front end of the tonneau cover that is closest to the cab of your truck and locate the two brackets holding the tonneau cover to the truck.
- You can also complete this 1st step by stacking the the cover in the ‘hauling position’ behind the cab of the truck to access the brackets. This method can be seen in the video at the end of the post.
2. Remove the two bolts from each side of the cover on the underside of the C-clamp.
3. Since the tonneau cover is no longer attached to the truck CAREFULLY fold the cover into the stacked ‘hauling position’ near the cab of the truck if it is not already in this position.
4. Now Lift your cover off and set it aside until you are ready to re-install.
5. Re-installing is simple as well and takes no realigning or adjusting. Simply set your cover back in place being sure that the hinge bracket holes match up to the holes in the C-clamp, securely replace the two bolts on each side, and you are ready to go!