Proper operation of a Fold-a-Cover is important to ensure you will not possibly cause damage to your cover or vehicle while in use.
Here are the proper opening and closing steps when using a Fold-a-Cover:
- To open the cover lift the latch, release handle and open the rear panel to the fully open position
- To insure proper operation of the center latch mechanism always open and fold the rear panel of the cover to its fully open position before stating any folding motion of the second or third panels of the cover
- Continue the opening sequence by folding the second and third panels to the fully open position
- With the cover in the fully open and stacked position secure all three docking straps. It is important to have the docking straps secure at all times when the cover is in the fully open position.
- To close the cover, reverse the steps above making sure that you close the rear panel last.
NOTE: Only operate your vehicle with the cover in the closed and latched position or the fully open position with ALL three docking straps securely fastened. Operation of the vehicle with the cover in a partially open position can cause severe damage to the cover and possibly the vehicle.
The two positions for the Fold-a-Cover that we advise to operate your vehicle in:
Here is an example of how NOT to use your Fold-a-Cover: